YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS' CONTEST & FESTIVAL GUIDELINES
Play submission deadline: June 1, 2023
RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Writers must be between 13-18 years of age.
2. Plays must fall into one these categories:
b. 5-minutes-or-less plays
c. 10-minutes-or-less plays
3. Plays may be in any style: comedy, drama, satire, musicals, etc.
4. Plays may be written in English or Spanish.
5. Plays must be submitted as a Word .doc, pdf, or in snail mail in a standard play format.
6. Each submission must have a cover sheet with the following information:
Title of play
Contact information: age, address, email, phone
School, grade, teacher’s name
7. All plays will be read carefully by a panel of theatre arts judges and every entrant will be notified with a personal letter by June 15, 2023.
8. We will select 2 winners in each category and create a radio or live performance, depending on COVID restrictions, in the fall of 2023.
Deadline: June 1, 2023. There is no entry fee.
Submissions should be e-mailed to: email@example.com
or mailed to: SC Actors’ Theatre, PO BOX 7084, Santa Cruz, CA. 95061
WE HOPE TO HEAR FROM TEACHERS AND THEIR STUDENTS TOO!