YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS' CONTEST & FESTIVAL
Play submission deadline: March 15, 2021
RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Writers must be between 13-18 years of age. You can also submit plays written with a partner or as a group.
2. Plays must fall into one these categories:
b. 10-minutes-or-less plays
3. Plays may be in any style: comedy, drama, satire, musicals, etc.
4. Plays may be written in English or Spanish.
5. Plays must be submitted as a Word .doc, pdf, google.doc, or in snail mail in a standard play format.
6. Each submission must have a cover sheet with the following information:
Title of play
Contact information: age, address, email, phone
School, grade, teacher’s name
7. All plays will be read carefully by a panel of theatre arts judges and every entrant will be notified with a personal letter by April 15, 2021.
8. We will select 6 winners in each category and create a Zoom reading/performance of their work in June 2021.
9. Winners will receive a royalty payment for their play as well as the performance of their work.
Deadline: March 15, 2021. There is no entry fee.
Submissions should be e-mailed to: email@example.com
or mailed to: SC Actors’ Theatre, PO BOX 7084, Santa Cruz, CA. 95061
WE HOPE TO HEAR FROM TEACHERS AND THEIR STUDENTS TOO!